Stitch Fix Adds Footwear to Women’s Apparel Business
March 16, 2016
San Francisco, CA – Stitch Fix, the leading online personal styling service, today announced the addition of footwear to its women’s personal styling service.
“Adding footwear to our fashion lineup means that Stitch Fix now has our clients’ style needs covered from head to toe,” said founder and CEO Katrina Lake. “We’re always looking for opportunities to keep our Fixes fresh and interesting, and the addition of footwear rounds out our broad and diverse selection to keep our clients happy and coming back for more.”
For the company, the expansion into footwear signals continued business momentum. As Lake continued, “We continue to change the future of retail for our clients and the industry. For us, footwear represents a significant new growth opportunity. This is another step in our expansion, following closely on our announcement of Stitch Fix Men and our successful moves into maternity and petites.”
Stitch Fix stylists will now have the option to send clients footwear as one of the five items in each Fix. The assortment, available in sizes 6 through 10 (including half sizes), will include trend-driven pieces from well-known footwear brands including TOMs, Franco Sarto, Seychelles and Diba among other quality brands.
“Just as every Fix is personalized to each client, our broad footwear assortment will help our stylists address each client’s unique budget, taste and lifestyle,” said Lisa Bougie, GM, Stitch Fix Women. “Our clients on average own more than 30 pairs of shoes and purchase five new pairs every year, so we know footwear is a big part of their wardrobe. As with our other apparel lines, we are offering a mix of popular styles along with designs that are exclusive to Stitch Fix. Our shoe collection includes everything from pumps to flats, ballerinas to booties, and mules to kitten heels. At launch, we are offering more than 200 styles for our stylists to offer clients, and are already expanding our range to meet seasonal changes and fashion trends.”
Footwear is available today for all Stitch Fix clients. Clients interested in getting footwear in their Fixes should visit www.stitchfix.com and update their style profile with their footwear size and preferences. Stitch Fix Men, now in beta, will include men’s footwear at the public launch in fall 2016.
- With the new addition of footwear, Stitch Fix now has every client covered from head to toe, no matter her needs.
- We’re excited for the opportunity to continue to keep our clients’ Fixes fresh and interesting with the addition of our footwear assortment.
- For Stitch Fix as a company, the expansion into footwear signals continued business momentum.
- ○ We continue to change the future of retail for our clients and the industry.
- ○ For us, footwear represents a significant new growth opportunity.
- ○ This is another step in our expansion, following closely on our announcement of Stitch Fix Men and our successful moves into maternity, petites, and jewelry.
- Just as every Fix is personalized to each client, our wide footwear assortment of nearly 200 styles will address each client’s unique budget, taste and lifestyle.
- We’ll be carrying some basics in addition to trend-driven footwear, including espadrilles, sneakers, booties, flats, pumps, sneakers and wedges with trend-driven details like:
- ○ Saturated suedes and bright solid colors
- ○ Pastels, metallics and whites
- ○ Ankle-wrap, strap and braiding details
- ○ Perforation and cutouts
- ○ Boho details like fringe, tassels, beading, and studs
- ○ Scalloped and romantic details
- Our footwear assortment will include brands like TOMs, Dolce Vita, Franco Sarto, Seychelles, Diba and Kenneth Cole in sizes 6-10 (half sizes, medium width), as well as some styles that are exclusive to Stitch Fix.
About Stitch Fix:
Stitch Fix is the world’s leading online personal styling service that blends the art of expert personal styling with the science of algorithms to deliver apparel and accessories tailored to your taste, budget and lifestyle. Apparel and accessories range from $20 – $600 per item and include many beloved brands for men and women, including Ella Moss, Joie, Splendid, Trina Turk, Penguin and Scotch & Soda, as well as hundreds of smaller, boutique labels and exclusive offerings. Founded in 2011 by CEO Katrina Lake, Stitch Fix is headquartered in San Francisco, California and employs more than 5,800 people across the country, including more than 3,400 stylists who are employees of Stitch Fix, and over 80 data scientists. For more information about Stitch Fix, please visit http://www.stitchfix.com.